Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (June 8-12, 2019)
Call for Voluntary Presentations: General Overview
The 2019 AWHONN Program Committee seeks volunteer presenters for the Annual Convention to be held June 8-12, 2019 at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia. Presenting at the AWHONN Convention ensures that your podium or poster presentation will be heard or viewed by a highly skilled and influential body of nurses. Those interested in this opportunity have six application options available.
The goal of the 2019 Convention is to celebrate commitment to innovation and excellence.
At conclusion of the convention, learners will be able to:
- Nurture an environment that supports the contributions of nurses
- Explore strategies to drive change
- Foster connections to improve outcomes
To START a presentationand learn more about the submission requirements, click on the title of the appropriate presentation category.
- How do I know in which category I should submit? Read the criteria for the categories and pick the one that fits your submission.
- Can I submit the same abstract in more than one category? No, you cannot submit the same abstract in more than one category. Select the category that fits your submission.
- How many abstracts can I submit? There is no limit.
- Can I re-submit an abstract that I submitted previously? Only if the abstract was not presented previously.
- How are the abstracts selected for presentation? Specialty Sessions, Innovative Programs and Case Studies are reviewed by members of the Convention Program Committee. Research, Quality Improvement Project and Evidence Based Practice Project abstracts are reviewed by members of the Research Advisory Panel. All abstracts are scored using standardized criteria outlined in the detailed descriptions of each category.
- How can I optimize chances of having my abstract accepted? Follow directions. Pay close attention to the criteria; fill out the on-line forms carefully, correctly and completely. When completing the bibliography, use references that are up to date (within the last 5 years) from peer reviewed journals and when possible from nursing literature.
- When will I hear whether my abstract was accepted? You will hear no later than November 2018. Your abstract must be completed by September 10, 2018.
For help in submitting an abstract online, email Tech Support